Ugh

Well, we were going to Colwyn Bay on Sunday to watch Crusaders take on Doncaster for less than twelve hours. Bought our tickets online at 8 am, and while we were in Moelfre on Wednesday waiting for the boy to finish football training, we found out that due to local government and local council advice, the game will now be played behind closed doors. This is due to the Delta variant of Covid that is prevalent in the area.

Which is all well and good. Sensible, some might say. However, what doesn't make any bloody sense at all, is that we can go to our newly adopted pub near the ground, and sit in there, and watch the livestream of the game on the big screen. There was only 400 tickets on sale as it is. The ground has a capacity of over 6000. It's just nonsense. There has to be some consistency, if a few hundred fans can't stand outside and watch a rugby match safely in a ground with such a large capacity, then I'm sorry, but all the pubs in the area need to be closed until we can. I bet they'll be crammed in everywhere too this weekend watching the Euros. According to someone who lives in the local area, people were like sardines on Llandudno pier, no masks, no social distancing. Absolutely fuming we are, and sick and tired of the double standards. All the English teams in the same league are able to play and have fans in. The staff are gutted too, they're trying so hard to get our season up and running, and the financial impact must be horrendous on them, for a second year running now.  

We will (hopefully) get to see some live rugby league tonight though, the local team which has set up, Marchogion MÔN, are playing Conwy Celts at Bangor Rugby Club. We will go down there and show them some support. 

I had my second vaccination yesterday... and... I didn't have any jitters beforehand, no blips, no nerves. I walked in there, alone. I spoke to the nurse who gave me my jab and explained (very in a nutshell) about my disorder, and I got a huge well done from them for getting so far, and for even being there. I walked out of there, alone. Sat in the car for about five minutes (I did my exercises) but I felt ok, I felt fine. No wooziness, no dizziness and no panic attack! And I know it's early days, but so far so good, I feel exactly the same as I did after the first jab, no side effects, not even a sore arm. Friends of ours in Wrexham were both ok after their jabs too, but I do have other friends who have been floored by them. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I think a lot of it is your own attitude towards it too, if you're worrying that you're going to be sick, then chances are, you will be. If you expect to be fine, you probably will be. 

Haven't done much walking this week, our walking week got scuppered again, had SW, had a friend around, had parcels being delivered, had to dye my mother's hair, had the jab and wanted to stay close to home just in case I did have a funny turn. We did have a nice walk around Moelfre on Wednesday night, though. 







In other news, Mr G's (former) colleague has also handed his notice in at work, too. Ultimately, this is a much longer story than I can go into right now, it wasn't just about Mr G not being able to cope with the night shifts, although that was the major part of it. Anyway, he decided that he is having a leaving party, here, next Wednesday. He is bringing the beers and wine, and I am making the kebabs, apparently. So, that should be a bit of a giggle. I might make some brownies for dessert, the boy made some at school this week, and they were soooo good. Reminded me of the triple chocolate ones I used to make years ago; when I worked in the pub kitchen, every Saturday I would bake something to take down for the staff, and these were probably the most popular and most requested thing that I made for us. Even the bar staff used to come in to the kitchen, hovering, what's Shell made for us this week, hehe. 

Fathers Day will soon be upon us, I've got a couple of little surprises lined up for Mr G, because he is an awesome husband and father and he deserves spoiling. He has always been a hands-on father, it really has been a team effort raising our family. Hopefully we will have nice weather and we can maybe do something that day, after we've been down to see my father. And then five days later it will be our meeting anniversary, 22 years. Wow.  

It's a bit miserable this morning, grey, gloomy and light rain, so not sure what we will get up to today. I think he wants to go to town, he wants to try his hand at rock painting, they've been a bit thin on the ground lately, so we're going to see if we can get some more into circulation. I know The Works had kits there on sale a few weeks ago, I think they were only 2 for £5, so that might pass a rainy afternoon :-) 

Comments