Lovely day

Up and out of the house at 8 am this morning, we went for a nice long walk. 

We went down to Cadnant first, because we knew it would be nice and quiet, and it paid off, because Mr G spotted a heron over the wall.

We carried on a little further past Cichle Hill, in the direction of Beaumaris. While we were walking back on the opposite side of the road, Mr G was having a toot over the walls and down the drives at people's houses (how the other half live isn't in it). He spotted this over a wall in a little woodland. Not a clue what it was, I thought it was a well at first glance, but it appears to be a little building. 

There was also a gorgeous wisteria tree a little further along the path, its blooms were cascading over the wall and the smell... divine. Mr G now wants a wisteria tree.

We had a sit down in Glan Cadnant, and I managed to snap this corker of a pic of Mr G. Don't ask. Don't even ask. 


We carried on along our usual route and had a nice chat with a friend. There was one really funny moment, when the gate opened behind us and she said 'Oh, aren't you gorgeous?'. I turned around to find this strapping young man in his twenties and said 'That was a bit forward, Sarah?' She was talking about his sausage dog (not a euphemism) and it was a blond sausage dog too (again, not a euphemism) which I had never seen before. Super cute. The dog was ok, too. Hehehe. 

I had left our pork cooking really low while we were out, and when we got in we had a roll stuffed with pulled pork, stuffing and apple sauce while we waited for the Crusaders game to start. 


We played Coventry Bears today at home, it was a cracking game too, I'm quite peed off that we missed it. At least we were able to watch via OurLeague and we won 36-12. We have Doncaster at home next Saturday, which will be a really tough game, but I don't think anyone cares, we're just so excited to be able to watch a live game for the first time in well over a year, and finally catch up with friends we haven't seen in the flesh since a year last February. Sadly, a couple of friends less this season. Mr G said the other day, in a way he's glad we're not going back to Queensway, because it would have been heartbreaking being there without seeing Kathy stood in her usual place at the bar, or seeing Andy milling about. 


My brother popped round with cake earlier and I asked him if he had slept with Nigel last night. He has just sent me this...


Here's a final, close up photo of Nigel with the sewn on face on, and damn he is ugly. The eyes...


Slimming World tomorrow, so up bright and early again. The boys are back in school so they will need swabbing to check that they're Covid free. I have my second jab on Thursday, I need to find my appointment letter, I can't remember what time it is, I think it's early though, nine something. 

And finally, this made me chuckle today.

Happy days...

Comments