Plas Newydd

This week has just flown by in a blur. But, we have managed to get out every single day in some capacity. We've started walking every night now, as well, whether or not we've had a walk that day. Trying to get out of the habit of just sitting down and snacking at night. 

We also had a bit of a surprise day out. Because today was the only day that we had totally free, I asked Mr G last night where he fancied and he said Plas Newydd. I don't remember ever going, no doubt I did go as a child. So, I packed us a BLT pasta salad, and some fruit and we were on our way.

We had some stunning photographs too. Really enjoyed the day and would definitely go again. Toying with the idea of buying the annual pass. 













You have to have one fruitcake selfie, don't you?







































    














So, there is a story about the above three pictures. After we'd walked through the Rhododendron garden, we made our way back. However, Mr G walked us through this path that ran parallel to the proper path. And all the way along, I was getting belted in the face with these long reeds, or grasses. God knows what they were. So he was just taking pictures of me and laughing. The git. 






















I treated us to a well-earned ice cream from the shop, good old Red Boat, so I was able to try another of theirs. Mr G had Honeycomb, and I had Salted Caramel.




Such an amazing day, and along with our walk after tea, I pulled in an amazing (for me) *drumroll*...


My legs don't feel like they belong to me, though! So, tomorrow, we have someone coming to fit a new carbon monoxide alarm, I have Mr G's Father's Day/Anniversary gift due to be delivered, and then our friend is coming round to watch the England match. I'm going to make Chicken Shawarma kebabs all round, followed by triple chocolate brownies, which I'll serve warm with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream. And a bottle of wine for me. Not on plan, but we have been super good this week, and I've really tried to push the walking. I'm determined to find a balance somehow, between being healthy most of the time, and also having the occasional treat. And then hopefully, if I am not too ruined on Saturday, a double header of grassroots rugby league. 

Tea tonight was Goldfish chicken and mushroom curry, or mushroom curry for me, because I just can't be doing with chicken breast. I dished myself five chunks up and gave Mr G four of them. Served with home made egg fried rice. 


 Bed calls, as does a morning in the kitchen tomorrow, marinating and baking!

Comments