Birthday

Happy 40th birthday to my baby brother David. We've spent an enjoyable afternoon in my Mum's back garden having a little buffet and some cake with family. I can't remember the last time we were all together like that, thankfully it was a lovely day, so we were all able to sit outside. 

I can't wait for a slice of this tomorrow. Or maybe Monday after weigh day. His girlfriend had managed to get edible embarrassing pictures of him. Including one of him and Nigel, fast asleep. 

He loved his knitted Nigel - you all remember the Nigel story, right?

He said "Is it... Nigel?" I'm just glad the creepy looking sod is out of my house. It's been leering at me for the last two or three weeks. He was nearly as ugly as original Nigel. But thankfully, a good three feet shorter.

Funny thing happened to me yesterday. I had a weird email. Now, Google is normally shit hot at spotting spam, and this went straight into my inbox. Michelle, menaibridge? was the subject line. So, I think someone has found my little blog, seen the scenic pictures and has emailed me. 


I'm really curious, but I'm not about to start getting into a dialogue with someone when I don't know wtf they want. So, I send the above reply. And then... this happens. 

I say it at least once a day. Sometimes people don't believe me. It's not easy being me. And no, before you ask, I didn't click the link, I'm not that stupid. 

We didn't get our walk this morning, after all the gardening and traipsing in and out this week, we hadn't done much housework, and the carpet was full of mowed grass and bloody rhododendron buds - they're sticky buggers. So we blitzed the whole of downstairs, washed the bedding and got it line dry (lovely!). We did get a nice walk yesterday, though. We sat and watched all the ribride boats being launched, they must have had a busy day yesterday. Mr G wants to go on the fast one, is it Velocity? He can go alone, anyway. Not for me. 


Last night the boy had a football match, and so we headed to Llandudno. It was only a friendly. They lost 5-0. The boy didn't speak until we got to Aber, when he remembered that he'd dropped some lad on the pitch, and he cheered up immensely. Especially when he realised that me and his dad had seen it #proudsoccermom


Nice little ground, to be fair. And oh. Ohhhhhhhh. Speaking of nice little grounds. Guess what is back next Sunday for spectators? You've guessed it. Our beloved rugby. Colwyn Bay, here we come! They play tomorrow also, we've ordered that match on Our League, and hopefully it's the last time that we ever have to watch it that way. Is this life returning back to normal(ish)? Finally?

Comments