Father's Day and Marvellous Monday

Well, my renewed determination at SW paid off this week with a 6lb loss. Mr G also lost 3lb, and we're both more than happy with that. I won a new cookbook on the Facebook page for being the biggest contributor on the page last week (or in other words - gobshite) and then Mr G won the raffle in group this morning and won another two cookbooks. So we have plenty of new recipes to be working through for the next couple of weeks. I've made one ready for tomorrow's tea, Red Pepper Bolognese. 

Tonight's tea was the old faithful Bolognese Bake with cheesy garlic bread. We had a walk down to group and took the scenic route home, and also went out for another walk after tea, so we did over 9 km today, not too bad for a Monday!

We had a lovely day yesterday, Mr G loved his gifts. He had new binoculars, which he will get plenty of use of on our walks, a new Wigan Warriors polo shirt, some Issey Miyake aftershave which is lush, and a photoframe to put a pic of the kiddos in. 

We went to see my father to give him his presents and cards, and when we got home I made us some brunch before we headed out for our walk. Just a small one because tea was going to be a monster.

It was a glorious day and the town was full of people, I can't remember the last time it was so busy. I think a lot of people are making a beeline here for holidays this year. He took his binoculars with him.

Here he is having a toot at Bangor Pier in the distance. When we got home I was tasked with cooking some mammoth steaks for us and the boy in time for the Wales match. 

They took some bloody cooking too, let me tell you. Really nice steak though, and £4.99 for a 16 oz steak, you really can't complain, can you? I really rate Aldi meat anyway, one of the very few supermarkets which I do, to be honest. 

So, tomorrow we've chosen our day out, we should get a few miles in there too, and hopefully some nice pictures. He has requested BLT pasta again and homemade scotch eggs, so I'll have to get my skates on in the morning!


Tomorrow we'll be walking the right hand side of this picture, along the coastal path on the island side. The other treks I've done have been approaching it from the mainland side, on the left. It's promising a sunny morning anyway, and the ground should be dry because there hasn't been too much rain lately. I'm looking forward to it anyway, and getting some new pictures. 

Comments