Taurus Season #bullgang

It's officially Taurus season and I am out of hibernation and back in my element. More oomph than I've had in a long time. I've perked up immeasurably over the last few days or so, the weather has been absolutely glorious (and we all know how much of a miserable f**ker I am when it comes to sunshine). Had a couple of nice walks, one with my cousin in Treborth while Mr G recovered from his final night shift. Another with Mr G and our friend Annwen, we had a nice walk around Parc Menai. I hadn't seen her since last August so that was lovely, and we hadn't been any further into the business park than Table Table before. Some pictures from my treks...

A nice funky angle of the bridge...


Tall trees in Glan Faenol 

Bluebells out in force in Parc Menai 

The nesting swan


In all my grey-streaked hair splendour. Grey hair, don't care. I'm nearly 45 after all... I think I could pass for at least 43 and a half.




And the love of my life, thrilled to be out in public in shorts and shades for the first time this year. 

Mr G's last day off tomorrow. Today we concentrated on the back garden, emptied all the old pots, deadheaded plants, potted some seedlings, cleaned all the patio down, Mr G mowed the lawn and I made a start on painting the patio furniture. We've decided to go for a different colour this year, they've been green for the last... I can't even remember how long. Tomorrow we are going to go out for another nice long walk, and my cousin is coming along too. Saturday, while he preps for his nightshift, I will crack on with some more furniture painting, weather permitting.

Had a nice catch up with my friend and her daughter in the back garden while we had a little break from our gardening. Planned our annual birthday 'party' as hers is the day after mine. This is usually a joint celebration with Eurovision, which is usually around the same time, give or take a week. However, this year, Eurovision is the night before a Crusaders home match, that we are really, really hoping we will be able to go to. So, we've decided to have a little outdoor meet up in the back garden the Saturday before my birthday. I'm going to make Chicken Shawarma kebabs with tortilla wraps, lots of salad and chilli sauces. And, as usual, something gorgeous and calorie laden for dessert. 

Oh - a technical update for those of you who follow this blog by email. Feedburner are discontinuing the email subscription service in July 2021. I can download my subscriber email list... but what I do with this knowledge, I don't know. If the blog was bigger, I would probably look for a way to get the emails sent out. But it's just my little blog, only ever set up as a record; an online diary of my life over the years, photographs and memories, that my family could look back on in years to come. And I don't know whether it's worth my while doing that. 


Comments