Mixed emotions

We had a fan's forum tonight on Zoom. There was some important news for fans ahead of the new season. Mr G and I were hoping that it would be news of when we could attend home matches, a concrete date for which match it would be...

Instead we were told that we wouldn't be playing in Wrexham this season. 

So, our home matches are going to be played at what was known as Eirias Stadium (I still call Starburst Opal Fruits, too). 

Despite it being closer to home for us, and will make our Sundays a heck of a lot easier, I will miss my Sundays at Queensway. But, it wasn't doable this season, and wanting to keep the club in North Wales, this was the best option. The club are going to lay on transport for the fans in Wrexham, they're not going to be abandoned. It will be a bit more of a nuisance for them, but what's a few miles to support your team? And it's better than not being able to play at all. We'll all have to give it a fair chance anyway, we can't comment on anything until we've experienced it. But we will miss Wrexham and our friends, and just hope that the distance won't put too many of them off attending. The hope is attracting some new fans from North West Wales. Maybe a more central location will bring fans in from all directions. We'll see. But after watching the two friendlies the past two Sundays, it's the most promising team I've seen in the whole time we've supported them. We've recruited really well, the players look fit, and we've even got Patrick Ah Van playing for us. 

The good news we've had this week is that Slimming World is back on Monday in a group format. I don't know what I weigh. I don't care what I weigh. A line will be drawn on Monday morning and until then, I'm eating everything in sight that I fancy this week because I know that when I'm back on it, I'm back on it. With the exception of my birthday party (which isn't going to be a party as such) on the 8th of course. 

I've decided on Chicken Shawarma all round, I'm making the Strawberry Cheesecake that I made for my daughter's 18th and Sticky Toffee Pudding for desserts. Mr G is baking me a birthday cake, bless him, he makes a bloody lovely cake, too. I've got gin liqueurs and a killer playlist on my iPod. I'm looking forward to celebrating with my lovely husband, a couple of close friends and my family. It's been a bitch of a year, it really has. I've ran the complete gamut of emotions from total wreck to warrior. So, I'm looking forward to letting my hair down, I'm looking forward to having a fuss made of me, and I'm looking forward to some surprises too :-) Hopefully we'll have nice weather on the night. Mum is under the impression that we're in for a heatwave in May. We'll see. 

We've been working on the garden this week, I've painted the patio furniture a lovely pale blue, a total change from the bottle green. Mr G finished his rota of night shifts this morning; we did our big shop today, he wants to go into town first thing in the morning, and then we can crack on with some more bits and bobs in the garden. The shed pub needs a good clean, no doubt, before it opens for its summer season. Probably chock full of spiders. I just can't believe that it's nearly May, it doesn't seem like yesterday that it was Christmas. 

Comments