Bored

Mr G is back in work and life seems to be flying by even quicker than usual. I'm missing my long walks with him most days. With the exception of shopping, we haven't been out since... the day before my Covid jab? I'm not hitting my step count, even on the days I can go on the treadmill without fear of waking Mr G, it's just not the same as being out somewhere on foot. I can't use my Strava either when I'm on the treadmill. Our SW group isn't opening until the 17th of May, a full week after my birthday, so... that's pretty crap. So, we're plodding on as best we can on our lonesome, with night shifts and weird eating patterns to contend with. But God loves a trier, or so they say. 

Easter was quiet. I made a lovely lamb Sunday lunch and we invited Mr G's bubbled workmate to come over and join us. Ate far too much chocolate and drank too much red wine. 

So, I have no news. Barely any photographs. And the most exciting thing that happened this last week was the purchase of four Premier Inn pillows. So now we have the bed and the pillows.


The problem is... they're really good pillows. The two firm ones, put it this way, Mr G uses one of those as a replacement 'me' when he is sleeping in bed alone in the day. I don't know whether to feel insulted or what by that, because I would have said that I was quite... squashy, and maybe the soft pillow would be more realistic to cuddle? We used to have three pillows on each side. I think one of these pillows is as high as our three old pillows combined. I had to launch one on the floor last night and just sleep with one - something I have never been able to do - because my head was elevated so high, I was almost sat upright. Coupled with the extremely high mattress, I could have licked the ceiling. Still, there's a lot to be said for a good night's sleep. 

No new recipes have been cooked, but there's a few coming over the next week or so, and the one on the agenda tomorrow is the Tuscan Chicken from the new Pinch of Nom book, but I'm going to adapt it a little bit. I've gone off the savoury dishes using cream cheese, and it's finally clicked that more than anything, it's because it makes them all taste the same. I find the aftertaste of the cheese overwhelms everything else, and it's the top note of every dish that uses it. So I've bought some half fat creme fraiche, I used that successfully in a recipe the other week as a replacement for cream, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works well. We are also trying a couple of pork tenderloin recipes, so I have a few of the gigantic phallic looking buggers in the freezer ready. Can't think offhand which recipes they were now. Also have Beef in OK Sauce coming up, I think that's from the new Chubby Cubs book. Viking Pork from the new Pinch of Nom, and also the Bolognese Risotto

So, to recap the last week. I got horrendously drunk, ate five Creme Eggs and bought four pillows. You're welcome. Hope your Easter was marginally more interesting than mine. 

Oh - I found a new song that I love too. It's called Summer 91 (Looking Back) by Noizu. It reminds me so much of the music I used to love back in the early nineties. Pure nostalgia, I could almost be fifteen again, with big hair and red lips, instead of nearly 45 with grey hair and wide hips...   







Comments