Friday. Apparently...

Mr G came in from work this morning and I genuinely didn't know what day it was. 

Me - Have we got Slimming World today?

Him - No.

Me - Why?

Him - It's Friday...

I had to check my phone because I didn't believe him. I am absolutely exhausted. I'm doing nothing. I'm not walking, I'm not doing the level of housework I usually do, and I am sleeping every afternoon, like clockwork, between 3 and 4 pm. I wasn't doing this when we were walking daily. Rather than tire me out, it seemed to energise me. Even if I was going to bed at stupid o'clock. Jeez, I can't win. Hopefully when the children are back at school and college I can take off, even if it's on my own, and just have a wander around the town, or walk into Bangor alone. 

We have had two nice new meals the last few nights. On Thursday we had Pinch of Nom Tuscan Chicken with pasta and tenderstem broccoli. 

And tonight we had Beef in OK Sauce, from Two Chubby Cub's latest cookbook. It's not anything I've ever tried; of course, I've seen it on numerous Chinese takeaway menus over the years, but we tend to stick to what we know, don't we? So I can't comment on how authentic it tastes, but it was bloody delicious. And so simple too! A mixture of tomato ketchup, brown sauce, soy sauce, five spice and sugar. I switched the tomato ketchup for tomato puree, and only used a third of the sugar which reduced the syns down, too. We're not ones for overly sweet (savoury!) food, and I think it would have been too sweet for our taste buds otherwise. We served this with noodles and some oven chips. Clean plates all round.  

On the menu tomorrow is Dijon Pork with steamed veggies and I might make some roast potatoes to dunk in it. I've taken the pork sword out of the freezer to defrost... ;-)

Mr G reminded me of a lovely song today, I normally roll my eyes when he plays his music, or trawls through (quite frankly) rubbish YouTube videos. But he found an instrumental version of this song, and I forgot how beautiful it was. This is probably the best version of it that I've heard, Still In Love With You from Live and Dangerous. See, it's not all bloody Phil Collins, is it Mr G? Sometimes you do introduce me to awesome music too. Not often though, it is usually bloody Phil Collins. 




   

 


Comments