Live like tourists

Isn't this weather glorious? I think I would be fine if summer was like this. I can manage maybe a degree or two hotter, we hit 18 or 19 C yesterday and it was comfortable. We were out of the house for four hours, but only walked for just under two and a half hours. We were so immersed in the old graves, and it's amazing how someone else's eyes spot things that you've never noticed before. I'm not very perceptive anyway, I notice something new every time I'm down there. Here are some pictures from our travels. 




Mr G going full kit Daniel O'Donnell. Well, almost. Just missing the sheepdog, the bank balance, the worldwide adoration by women and the singing voice. 


The War Memorial has just celebrated its centenary, on the 20th of April. Unfortunately, due to restrictions, a ceremony couldn't take place. There is a really interesting PowerPoint presentation that has been produced with some facts, figures and photographs of the place that we had never seen before. I know my great uncle's name is on the memorial, he lost his life on the HMS Botanic in World War 2. These names were added on after the war ended and this unveiling took place on Armistice Day 1950. 


This is where my cousin married. She paused here and looked down at the church. I said 'Scene of the crime'. Haha. 


I had never noticed this grave before, it looked like the cross was made out of wood. 


A heron on the shoreline.


The Gorsedd circle, known locally as the Druid Stones, which were erected for the Anglesey Eisteddfod in 1965.




View from the bowling green.


Mr G having a breather under a beautiful blossom tree. They're so pretty and I'd love to have one in my garden, but I know the mess they leave when the blossoms die would do my napper in. The rhododendron bushes are bad enough. 




I treated us to huge ice creams from the Red Boat kiosk at the gates of St Georges Pier. I had mocha and my cousin and Mr G had peanut butter. I'm not a massive ice cream fan, as in the stuff you buy from supermarkets, but I do love a proper ice cream. Holidaying in Devon is like a dream. Some of the flavours they have there... too much choice sometimes. 

Mr G is back in work tonight, so my cousin and I will go out one day next week when the children are back in school, and then on one of his days off, we are going to go to Moelfre, grab fish and chips and walk around the headland. My cousin commented that we were like tourists. It's true, there are so many places on the island alone that I have never been to. I'm just loving being outdoors and seeing new and beautiful places. I've got a list. 

Today's plans - looks like it's going to be another beautiful day, so I'm going to have another coffee, try and wait until at least 7 am (lol) and go out to paint more furniture. Mr G wants a wake up call at 10, he has an NRL game on. I've already put my football accas on last night, so they're good to go for 3 pm. See if I can get a good few hours in the garden and then I can spend the afternoon at leisure. Tea tonight, I believe, is Honey Chilli Pork, using a pork tenderloin, with salad. This is a new recipe but the reviews are full of people raving about it. 

Crusaders also play Rochdale in a pre season friendly on Sunday, that is being streamed live on YouTube, I've already hit the remind me button on the stream (not that I'd forget). It was great seeing them back in action last Sunday, I just want to be back there in the flesh. I love every part of our rugby Sundays, from the excitement when I wake up (like a kid at Christmas), the journey, where I know every twist and turn in the road, the music we play as we travel, the fish and chips (sometimes!), seeing our friends again. I'm not a hugger, but it's going to be so bloody hard not to when I see them next. 

Comments