Penrhos Coastal Park

Had such a lovely day today. We are constantly surprising ourselves at the places we have, right on our doorstep, that we haven't been to before. This year alone, we have discovered Treborth and Glan Faenol, Plas Newydd. the Dingle and now Penrhos Coastal park. I've seen lots of photographs online, and I honestly have to say, they don't do the place justice. Just as the tens Mr G and I have taken today, don't do justice to how beautiful a place it is. Mr G and I were musing the other day, I think when we were doing the coastal walk to the Britannia Bridge on the island side. Just how many places were undiscovered (by us!) in our immediate local area, in our county and neighbouring ones. Let alone Wales, let alone the UK. I'm starting to gather a list of places, these hidden gems, that I want to visit and explore. And I did do some exploring today, I was actually quite brave (for me!). In parts, I was clambering over rocks, solo!

A glorious day, and a rucksack chock full of food, we set off at 9 am for Penrhos. Blue skies, sunshine and a comfortable temperature, we arrived, parked up in the free car park, co-ordinated our Strava apps and set off. Within minutes of arriving, we spotted a red squirrel feeding. It wasn't fazed at all that three people were stood watching it, and it even took the time to pose for pictures for us.


A little further along the path and we came to a pet cemetery. 


And then we came to a little clearing that led down to a beach. We walked along this for a short while until we went back into the woods and walked a little further.




We came to a large open field full of wild flowers and tall grasses. There was a little seating area at the top with some magnificent views.




We noted the other beach down below and went on a mission to find it. A few minutes later, we found the access. 



Absolutely stunning, and completely secluded. I took off exploring on my own, while Mr G and my cousin walked down the beach. I was climbing rocks and all manner. 


Going...


(Where the hell is she) going...


Gone.




We were getting a bit peckish so we decided to look for somewhere to sit and have lunch, and we found an amazing spot. 




It was such a vast space and every path had more than one option to take, so no doubt we could come here another two, three times and still not manage to cover it all.





All in all, we had a lovely day, and it's definitely on the return again list. The weather was glorious too, which helped. Quote du Jour was 'I've had my Pom Bears' - Stephen, 59. I and my cousin managed to photobomb so many pictures, accidentally, that we were doubled up again with laughter. I didn't piss myself today, though. I'm a work in progress.

Mr G doesn't have a day off again now until... we don't know. He's working Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, anyway, and will hopefully get next week's rota tomorrow when he's on his shift. So, no more big days out until next week.

We have some decorated rocks to put out, too. They've been done for days and we've been so busy.


This is one I did yesterday, but it needs varnishing first before it gets put out. I'm really pleased with it.


Hopefully we can get a walk in when Mr G finishes work tomorrow and put our rocks out and about the town. There doesn't seem to be many here lately, they seem to be showing up on other parts of the island, so we thought we would do our bit and get some put out. They're not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination, some of the ones that are painted, the artists are fantastic. For me, who can barely draw a stick person, they're not too bad. Little children (and Mr G) don't really care what's on them, it's just the act of finding one that's fun. 

Comments