Maintain!

The Gods were smiling on me and I managed to pull off a maintain this week in SW. Our consultant kept asking me if I was ok, if I was honestly ok with that. Probably because she'd seen how much exercise I'd done this week. So I spelled it out in no uncertain terms; pie, homemade chips, a scone with cream and jam, two hot chocolates, burger, fries, onion rings, homemade sticky toffee pudding and ice cream. And I still maintained. If I hadn't done all this walking, I would have been looking at probably a gain of anywhere up to four pounds. This week, with the exception of Steve's former workmate coming around for a curry with the England match, there shouldn't be any huge mess ups to what I'm eating. And I am not, I repeat, I am not drinking alcohol for the football. Not on a school night. Mr G had a pound gain, which he was happy with as he weighed in in the 5 pm group as opposed to the morning one, had eaten lunch and been drinking through the day, so he probably had lost at least a pound, maybe more. 

His first shift at work went well, they saw quite a few customers. It's going to be working and training on the job, it's the only way you can, really. There was only so much you could do before the doors opened for the first time. He's really tired though, and getting quite a few steps in at work, he came home with 5000 steps, and had only done a five hour shift. 

While I was in SW I had a message from the son in sixth form asking how long I would be. He usually has Mondays off, but had to go in today, only for the entire sixth form to be sent home due to a positive Covid test. They are off now and working from home until the 12th July, he doesn't have to isolate unless Track and Trace get in contact. Then the youngest was sent home from school with a migraine. 

We had the old faithful pasta bake for tea, but hopefully we will try a few more new recipes this week. And my favourite after weigh in lunch, poached eggs and baked beans on toast. One of the girls in SW was telling us about some Aldi bread that was 2 large, medium slices for a healthy extra B. I checked on the app and she was right. Gamechanger! 



We went out about half past three, took a nice walk around the prom, up St Georges and back through the village to SW group before heading home. I'm just short of 15,000 steps today, so I might have a little stroll on the treadmill while Mr G watches rugby sleeps on the sofa.

Meal plan for the rest of the week!

Tuesday: French Onion Chicken (from Two Chubby Cubs Fast and Filling

Wednesday: Chickens Vindaloo (From Pinch of Nom 3rd cookbook - the name escapes me and I'm too lazy to go and look), rice and homemade onion bhajis and raita

Thursday: Ham and Pineapple pasta bake (I know, I know, ok? We like pasta bake) salad and cheesy garlic bread 

Friday: Coconut Chicken Curry (from Slimming Eats website) with rice 

Saturday: Best Ever Chow Mein (from Two Chubby Cubs Fast and Filling

Sunday: Roast pork dinner with all the trimmings 

So that's three new recipes, anyway, can't say fairer than that, can I? Tomorrow... I'm toying with the idea of a walk to Bangor. I want to nip to the Oriental Grocery Food Store in town to pick up a few bits, but that place is actually lethal. And I don't know if I can trust myself in there alone, to be honest. Maybe leave that one until I am supervised! It's promising 'light rain' - but then, it promised 'rain' today, and with the exception of one downpour before the kids went to school this morning, it's been a glorious day. I've got a brolly, anyway. It's only water.

Comments