Hot

I shouldn't moan about the weather, but I'm going to. I hate this heat. Hate it. I can't walk in it. It's really spoiled this week's step count, to be honest. We managed a couple of walks, but I really had to force myself. Mr G had a day off on Thursday, it was 27 degrees. We chopped and changed our plans so much, we were going to walk through Treborth, Glan Faenol and try and push it to Port Dinorwic. That was foiled by the heat, because even though a lot of the walk would be shaded, I knew I would have to keep hydrated and there are no loos. Not as easy for a woman to pee behind a bush discreetly, is it? Then we decided we would explore the area around Siliwen Road, but the thought of walking there to do it, and then walking home in that heat? That was a hard nope from me. So, we decided to drive to Bangor pier, park there and work up and back down. It wasn't the longest walk, some steep hills (the one my cousin got stuck on a few weeks ago!) but it was worth it for the views. 


Mr G wanted to go up and see the Beatles bench in Ashley Jones Fields first, so we headed there...


I had to pinch his Cru baseball cap, and anyone who knows me knows that with the exception of a bobble cap in winter, I don't do hats. Ever.  


We spotted a couple of people walking up near the stones, so we decided to go and investigate what was down there, hoping it would lead to the coastal path, and it did. We'd never been on this stretch before, and it was so lovely. Chock full of jellyfish, though!




It was so peaceful down there, there wasn't another soul in sight, it was relatively shaded so it was much, much cooler, and the sound of the waves lapping... Bliss. I could have sat there all day, listening to it. I had to take a quick video. 


We walked as far as we could feasibly go and turned back and walked back up the path through the woods to the fields.



There he goes, miles ahead of me as usual. He forgets how little my legs are, sometimes, and that I have to take a breather every ten steps when we go up an incline. 

Back on Siliwen, we reached the doorway. I knew what was ahead of me, so I didn't think twice, I was straight up there while Mr G lagged behind me, for once. 


When we reached the top we were so hot and out of breath, but the views were worth it. We sat on one of the benches and had our packed lunch. Mr G said he could have sat there all day just looking out at the view. 


Once our lunch was finished, we decided we would make our way back down to the pier, walk to the end and have a hot drink (I know, I know...) but first... I wanted to investigate just what was at the end of the field, because I have little concept of where I am placed at any moment. Little to no sense of direction. Well. Look at this for a view.


Isn't that stunning? 


We walked back down the path through the woods, and ended up back near the pier. Walked to the bottom and had a latte and hot chocolate (white hot chocolate, again) before we quit while we were in front and went back home.




Aside from that, we managed a couple of walks in the evening, supposedly when it was cooler... it wasn't. It really wasn't. Mr G got his steps in at work, and I did some short bursts on the treadmill to top mine up. 

Our friend came over last night for a meal and a few drinks. We had 6 oz burgers, chips, beans and onion rings and I made the stunning strawberry cheesecake from Recipe Tin Eats for dessert. 


Not a scrap left, as usual. 

Unsure as to what next week holds. The boy is 15 on Wednesday, he wants to go to spend his birthday money on Thursday, so we're going to try Broughton for a change, maybe pop to Wrexham if he has no joy there. Hopefully I can pick up some jeans and school shirts for them while I'm there. Sunday, we have the Welsh Derby, Crusaders vs West Wales. This weekend's match was cancelled due to a Covid outbreak in the opposing team. The thing is, it's supposed to be fancy dress. I'm not a huge fan of fancy dress at any time, really (see - miserable cow) but especially not in hot weather. We've spent the last couple of hours looking for something appropriate, without spending an absolute fortune, some of the prices are ridiculous. Mr G has just got his measuring tape out so God knows what he's planning on putting us both in. I fancied the Madonna outfit, but unfortunately I don't have a Madonna figure. More... Maradona. 

Comments