Good Samaritan

I've been absolutely exhausted these past couple of days. My step count isn't up to much, I think I pulled in 9600 yesterday, and that's after a walk in the evening. But my legs, oh God, my legs after going to the Dingle on Thursday. It wasn't the distance, because we only walked three miles, but I went up this hill... I'll post the pictures in a bit. It didn't hurt at the time, but I must have worked some new muscles in my legs.

This has to be photo of the day. Mr G told my cousin and I to sit between these trees, to get a 'nice' photograph of us. As you can see, the tree is on a bit of a slope... so, I've gone in to sit down, but I've led with my dodgy leg, and couldn't sit down. I've gone down with a bit of a bump, and as we're sitting there, smiling for the camera, I can feel myself sliding down the slope, so I'm bum shuffling back up. My cousin had hold of my rucksack like I was an errant toddler. We were laughing so much that I was crying. I was sweating like I'd ran a marathon, and I might have peed a tiny bit too. Next time I go out walking, I'm wearing one of the Tena Lady that Mr G picked up during the first Covid lockdown, when every one was panic buying, there were no pads left, and he 'thought they'd be better than nothing in an emergency'.  

It really was beautiful there though. Another local place we'd never been too, and I couldn't believe it was there, slap bang in the middle of Llangefni. Our visit was marred slightly, I'll explain in a bit, but we will definitely return, and hopefully get a lot further on the route than we did on Thursday. 






This is the hill... the photograph doesn't do it justice as to how steep it was. 


And this is me coming down. My cousin's husband ran down, actually ran down like a bloody mountain goat. Mr G is miles ahead of me, this gives a better idea of how steep it was. Took me about ten minutes, one step at a time. 



We made our way along the path to the reservoir, and sat on the wall with our butties and drink. We were just chatting and then - all of a sudden there was a bloke in front of us. We have no idea where he came from, but he asked if we could phone an ambulance for him. He said he had been out there for two nights, lost, going around in circles. That he kept having seizures and falling into the bushes. His knee looked sore and swollen. The problem being that we were right in the middle of nowhere, we didn't know where we were, nor how an ambulance would access the place. So, I phoned 999, spoke to the operator. Of course, I had to say that we were first time visitors to the place and the operator sent me a link for that app, What Three Words, and it managed to pin point our location for them. They said an ambulance would be with us soon, he told me what to do if he had another seizure and to call back if we needed more assistance.

My cousin had a spare bottle of water for the man, but we didn't give him anything to eat, just in case he needed treatment in hospital. I made light conversation with him, but he was really confused and disorientated. The ambulance finally arrived after an hour of waiting, my good deed for the day done, we headed back to the car park, the parking ticket about to expire. So, not quite the walk we expected, I think the man we helped had some sort of addiction and mental health issues, but I couldn't have left him on his own. You never know what crosses people are bearing, nor when you'll need help yourself, right? I've learned my lesson over the years, that karma makes her way back round pretty swiftly. You should always treat people how you'd like to be treated, and act with integrity and kindness. 


Tried a lovely new recipe that night, we had Best Ever Chow Mein from the Two Chubby Cubs book, only I used chicken instead of beef, and chucked different veggies in that needed using up, mushrooms and courgettes. It was delicious.


On Wednesday, Mr G and I went to Bangor to get a few bits that we needed, he wanted a haircut, and so after putting up to four hours on the car, his barber was shut (self isolating) and so we were done in an hour. I asked him if he fancied a walk to Bangor Pier, and I'd treat him to a scone and a hot drink. Didn't need to ask him twice. 
   

Our friend came round for the England match. I'm not sure, did I say I wasn't drinking? Yeah, he brought me more wine. I drank. But we had a lovely curry and sticky toffee pudding. I wasn't too bad... I don't think. He is also coming round tomorrow for the final, so I'm doing a roast pork dinner and I've made a chocolate fudge cake for dessert. I'm determined not to drink tomorrow, so I'm going to get Mr G to phone him after and tell him that we'll get the beers in tomorrow, that way I can make sure I stay sober. I think it's great that we've got this far, but I'm not confident. I think Italy will win, Mr G however thinks that England can do it. Either way, it's a great achievement. I've really enjoyed the tournament, I think it's lifted the nation's spirits during this pandemic. It's lifted English spirits a little longer than the Welsh, granted, and those of us who are happy to see any British team do well. Plus, I'm half English myself, and my husband is English, so I'm always going to fly both flags. 

I'm sat here hoping for a day of rest, hoping that Mr G doesn't suggest going out for a walk. I know he probably will, and I know that I should. But I hope that he doesn't ;-)   

Tea tonight is the Chicken and Red Pepper Coconut curry from Slimming Eats. I think that's what it's called, anyway, some variation of those words. The boy has just tried the sauce and said that it's lovely, so that's a bonus for me, that we'll all be having the same meal. The bhajis I made from Slimming Eats the other night were amazing too, I wish I'd taken a photograph of them. I think I'm going to make up a huge batch of them next week and freeze them. Mr G is off now until Tuesday morning, and then off again on Wednesday. The plan is to go to Penrhos Coastal park for a walk around there, if the weather is nice. I had an email from school about the sixth form, that the school have decided to keep them off this last week of school as well, and do online classes. Such a shame for them.

Comments