Snotty

Needless to say I didn't feel better tomorrow, nor the day after, nor the day after. In fact, I'm still dog rough with this cold, which has taken detours through a stomach bug and headaches so excruciating that I couldn't bear the light, before setting me back on the streaming nose and aching limbs course. I had one day of respite, Saturday, if I remember correctly, before it came back with a bloody vengeance. Mr G is also under the weather, he has been in pain for a week and is refusing to go to the hospital because I'm not going anywhere near a bloody hospital. I can't really blame him, to be honest. He spent three days on the sofa with a hot water bottle. The boys are both sniffly too, the boy had to dose himself up all weekend, took Monday off and had to go back in as he had an important science test on Tuesday.

Mr G has taken some holidays, supposedly to redecorate the house. Just a lick of paint to freshen everywhere up, no major changes. So this is going to be fun, someone with chronic pain, and a 5 foot 1.5 inch woman trying to paint. We are off to Holyhead this morning to Wilko and B&M to source some paint and wallpaper. 

Diet has been horrendous, we didn't go to SW this week, but that was more to do with how awful we were feeling as opposed to anything else. I don't like taking a seat when I know I've put on, but I know that's when it's important to do so. I just don't think that anything else needs spreading about right now. 


I made cake again... sometimes cake makes it better, doesn't it? 


I made another Recipe Tin Eats salad for us, the Hawaiian Chicken with Coconut and Lime rice. It was really nice, but slightly more faffy than both the Mexican one and the Prawn one. Mr G was tucking into it and...

Mr G: Why do these fried onions taste like pineapples?
Me: What fried onions...
Mr G: The ones you did in the griddle pan.
Me: Because they're pineapples...

The rice was really good, though, cooked in light coconut milk and water. Made a nice change from bland white rice. It also minimised wastage, because more often than not, when a recipe calls for coconut milk, it's usually only half a tin. In this recipe, half was used in the chicken marinade and half in the rice. 

I've done very little but write, edit, oh, and fall down another YouTube rabbit hole. K-pop. Specifically a group called EXID. I started off with their song called I Love You...

Now, if that's not the most annoying song you've ever heard in your life, I don't know what is. But so, so catchy. I checked out their other tracks, and this one fast became my favourite, Up and Down. The video is sheer innuendo, which I love. Really reminds me of Little Mix.

I am a music lover, I always have been since I was a tiny, tiny child. I've grown up with Motown and Soul music, and my father's love of the Beatles, the Rolling Stones. He influenced me with groups such as Roxy Music and ELO, the latter being one of my absolute favourites. Growing up, I was always an Eighties girl at heart, even though in my teen years I was a bit of a raver. Mr G turned me on to Thin Lizzy, who I thought were just another rock group (I was wrong) and I turned him on to The Beat. I love serious singer songwriters such as Sarah McLachlan and I also love boybands. I've never been a music snob. But one thing I've never really liked is foreign music. I've never been able to get into Welsh music, or any music sang in a language other than English. But this K-pop, with the occasional English word or phrase, has got me hooked. And the songs are so good too!  

And a bit of good news, although for how long is another matter. This came up on my phone last night.

When I checked it, there we were. Bottom of the list, but still, on the list, so I'm counting it as a win. 


Off to spend a fortune on paint and paper now. But it's got to be done. Lockdown would have been a perfect time to have done this, but of course, we couldn't bloody go anywhere to buy any. 

Comments