Lockdown Part 2

What a bloody weird day. We are back in lockdown. People are losing their shit because they can't buy clothes and kettles. People are going nuts in Tesco. People are going shopping in their underwear to prove a point. People are just mad, and I, for one, am glad to be away from the batshit f**kers for two weeks :-) 

Mr G and I had our usual flutter on the football, and I managed to scalp Paddy Power of close to £150. That will do nicely, thank you very muchly. That's more than paid for our new headboard and curtains, and hopefully a few more bits and bobs to complete the room. 

We did some baking together yesterday, which was really nice. 'Let's spend some time together cooking'. said Mr G. He made scones for the first time ever and they were bloody good too. I made a School Cake and a chocolate cake from a recipe that my cousin passed on to me. 


 

Tonight we had a homemade chicken kebab, the usual Recipe Tin Eats Shawarma recipe. Usual deliciousness there.

And we also had a bit of a hangover busting breakfast this morning. We were both hungover. I'd had two bottles of wine. Mr G had two bottles of beer. God bless him, he's a bloody lightweight these days. 

Kill or cure... well it didn't cure it anyway, but there we go, we do these things, don't we? That's it. Day 1 of Lockdown #2 - we ate loads of stuff we shouldn't have. I might do something more productive tomorrow. Ironing or something. The clocks go back tonight too, so that's me up at 4 am. Great. Roast pork dinner on the menu tomorrow, so I may well be peeling vegetables at 4 am. 

Comments