Chill out Day

We have been busy the last two days. I painted the downstairs loo and bottom of the back porch and Mr G did the parts I couldn't reach by the back doors. Then we did the kitchen, which is now grey and yesterday we gave the living room a coat of paint, slightly darker than the last time because Dulux have discontinued the shade we had last time. We decided to have a day off today, the first Saturday that Mr G has had off since he was on furlough. He decided to have a football bet with me - he's normally in bed when the football is on - and just chill out. And then, last night... news came through that Bangor was going into lockdown from 6 pm tonight, so we dashed into town this morning to pick up a little shopping, and also grab all the birthday cards that we need until mid November. They were queueing up the street for Marks and Spencer. 

We couldn't face cooking last night, so I treated us to fish and chips, while we watched the rugby. 

The entire house is upside down, there's kitchen things in the living room, living room things in the boy's room, the back porch is full of sugar soap, tins of paint, and rollers. You can't get into the pantry, I was having to lean over almost horizontally to get into the fridge. I am very, very antsy about this, although, as a bonus, at least nobody is going to turn up in my door and see the mess. There is that, I guess. 

So tomorrow we are going to finish off all the paintwork from the downstairs loo, kitchen and living room. That's going to mean a lot of masking up. Then we have paint for the hall, stairs and landing, which shouldn't be too bad as it's the same colour. The bathroom is going the same colour as the kitchen. And our bedroom is going grey, with a new wallpaper on the back wall. This is going to be a ballache because it is currently purple and it's going to need about thirty coats of white paint over it first. Once all that is done, it's only the three kids bedrooms that will need doing, hopefully before Christmas. 

Also, just before last Christmas our television fell off the wall. We decided not to risk it again and bought a stand for it, but it left a lovely patch where the back plate was screwed to the wall. A different colour to the room and with holes in. I found a frame in a charity shop months and months ago that would cover it perfectly, and Mr G and I chose some of the lovely photographs that we'd taken in black and white. I finally had them developed with FreePrints, and as it was my first order, I had ten prints and free P&P. I think it looks really good!

Two minutes until the 3 pm kick offs, see if my 4799/1 acca comes in for me today, or whether I've just contributed to Paddy's retirement fund!

Comments