Dusty

Finally, the threat of Covid has touched our family. Two days ago we had a letter, email and text from the school confirming a case at the school, and an hour later we had a letter saying that our sons weren't affected. Yesterday we received the same communication, a second case had been reported and our youngest son was affected, and now has to self isolate up to and including the 6th of November. He just shrugged his shoulders and said "Wasn't like I was going anywhere, anyway, was it?" That's my boy. Have to keep a very watchful eye on him now for the next few days. He has the new FIFA 21 and a new Playstation Plus pass, so he will be ok. 

I can't remember the last time I felt so tired. We have been swapping bedrooms around for the last... don't know how many days, I've lost count. To be perfectly honest with you, I don't even know what day it is. And like during the first lockdown, we have managed to get rid of so much stuff... but that stuff remains in the house. Boxes of toys for friends, boxes of toys for the charity shop, clothes for the charity shop, clothes for the clothes bank, old furniture, a double bed frame and a double mattress for the tip. But we can't do anything with any of them until the lockdown is over. 

We managed to break the back of it all today, a joint effort with both sons pulling their weight too. We've managed to get all of my oldest's stuff sorted, all of the boy's stuff is in our room, the older boy sorted out all of his shelves and games and books in his room, our stuff is packed and out on the landing ready to come downstairs, apart from our clothes because our new wardrobes don't arrive until the 25th November. I'm dusty, dirty and I could sleep for a week. Hopefully the boy can move into his new bedroom tomorrow, and we can make a start on painting our new bedroom. Mr G is going to do the ceiling, while I paint the louvre doors on the cupboard and then Mr G can start painting while I sugar soap, prime and paint all the woodwork. A job he hates, and one I love. I also have a wooden chest of drawers that I want to paint grey as well. It does mean that we will be sleeping on the sofa and on a single mattress for a good couple of weeks, but he sleeps better on the sofa anyway. It will all be worth it once we have that Hypnos mattress, I have coveted one for years and years. 

So, no news, no baking, no cooking, no dieting, plenty of walking (up and down the stairs). Neither of us have left the house since last Friday when we went food shopping. The weather is horrendous, or, as I like to call it, glorious. Apparently the next few days are going to be stormy, or as I like to call it, beautiful. I think we are working on the room tomorrow, then we will take Saturday off, my day of rest. Not that it matters right now, every day is Saturday, right? We do need to pop out tomorrow, I need some Benadryl, the ones I take because I'm allergic to literally life from the moment I wake up, due to the shifting and the dust, I've been needing to take two a day. We need fresh milk and due to the clearing we need bin bags. Quite possibly the shortest shopping list I've had in a long, long time!

Comments