Still not winning...

Weight loss is going soooooo slowly and this 5 stone, which in reality we both should have had weeks ago, seems to be getting further away. We both put on this week, we are both at the 4 stone 11 lb mark. What happened? Well, for me... Scampi and Bacon Fries. Snacks of Satan himself. Seriously. They're like crack. Yeah, they're only 6.5 syns a pack, they can easily be allocated into my daily allowance, one bag that is.

Well, last week, I bought two multipacks - so that's twelve, single, individual bags - and I ate all twelve of the f**kers by Saturday night. I am a disgrace, seriously. I've been doing this since April, and I haven't had pizza? I haven't had a proper pie? I haven't had a kebab? And the thing that breaks me? Scampi and Bacon Fries? I really need to get a grip.

Made some lovely new meals but the revelation of the last few weeks have been...


... Marmite roasties! Bloody hell, they were absolutely gorgeous and syn free. I've actually bought some Bovril this week to try making them that way, as I have a feeling they'll be even nicer. Roast Beef dinner tomorrow, so they should complement that a treat.

NaNoWriMo is going abysmally - short of me staying awake around the clock and typing non stop for the next 3 days, I'm not going to win this year. I'm furious with myself, to be fair. 26,975 words up to now, and I'm going to try and push that to 30,000. Although, in fairness, I am just adding filler and scenes to previously written books. Finishing off, so to speak. The story has a start, and it has an end. It's just titivating it all a bit, and making sure that it flows. I doubt I need another 20,000 words. And then, five years after I first put pen to paper, I shall be publishing the first one in 2020! Exciting times!

Looking forward to Wrexham Victorian Christmas Market next Thursday, Mr G has booked a holiday from work, we're going to take Mother with us and hopefully meet up with our friend June. We're missing both of the Crusaders Christmas get togethers, both the fans get together this weekend in The Turf and the one with the players the following weekend (boo!) so hopefully I can take my Christmas cards and keep a watchful eye on the crowds and spot a few friends.

We are off to London, however, in February, to watch a double header of London Skolars v Crusaders and then Super League newbies Toronto Wolfpack v St Helens. That's a two nighter, as the coach leaves early on a Saturday morning and will arrive back late on Saturday night, and even though we'd have no issue with an early start, you can't legislate for anything else, can you? Traffic, accidents, bad weather etc. So, that will be nice, a change from our mucky overnighters - however, this still won't be a dirty weekend as we'll have our son with us.

In other news, we have bought a new Christmas tree and that will be going up on Sunday when Mr G gets up and gets all the decorations from the shed. A little later than usual but it's been a weird old couple of months, all round.

I am off to try and get 1000 words in that word count tonight, and I will update on the Bovril roast potatoes tomorrow!


Comments