New Stone Bracket!

I lost half a pound this week. Half a measly pound. And the way I celebrated when I got off those scales, you'd think I'd lost half a stone. Because I am in a new stone bracket. One that I haven't been in since 2002. It's eluded me through the majority of my twenties, the entirety of my thirties and the first third of my forties. Mr G lost a pound, so he's now beating me (again) but only by half a pound and I can grate lard into his meals to remedy that easily enough.

Sooooooooo. I started NaNoWriMo 2019. Four days ago. I have written... just over 4000 words. Which is not good at all. I need to pull my finger out. I have, however, cooked some pretty decent meals...

The Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Chilli from RecipeTin Eats, words fail me as to how damned good this was. I read the comments section, where people were saying they would never make chilli with mince again, and they were right. I used huge braising steaks from the local meat warehouse, trimmed of any fat. It made two slow cookers full and there was enough (too much) for Mr G and I to have for our tea tonight.


Tonight, I had it on a jacket potato with salad, and Mr G had it with homemade Paprika and Mixed Herb wedges, with his Healthy Extra A cheese melted on top.

Yes, that is a huge potato. No, I didn't eat it all


Neither of us could finish our food. I can't eat how I used to. Thankfully, I suppose? But getting that message to sink in while I'm cooking and dishing up is another matter.

The Chicken Satay was lovely too...


We had that with homemade egg fried rice. I didn't have the Fanta Chicken because I wasn't feeling hungry, but apparently it was nice. Mr G said he preferred the Diet Coke Chicken but would definitely have it made this way again for a change.


And, yes, I made the mince pie baked oats. I followed Slimming Eats recipe, but instead of using plain yogurt, I chucked in a Muller light Mince Pie yogurt for extra flavour.

Lush

Nowhere near as nice as my homemade Christmas Pudding but still, dessert-y enough, and festive tasting. It would need a nice white sauce, or a squirt of cream on top to make it a fitting ending to a Christmas dinner. I don't know yet. We'll see. Nine times out of ten, we can't manage dessert on Christmas day after the mammoth dinner I put out, so it could be a moot point. 

This week's meal plan is...

Monday: Leftover chilli with jacket potato (me) and loaded wedges (Mr G) and salad

Tuesday: Sausages, Fried Onions, Slimming World Chips and Baked Beans. One HEB roll.

Wednesday: Bacon chop, Egg, Mushrooms, Beans, new potatoes

Thursday: Beef Bhuna with rice, wilted spinach and poppadoms

Friday: Oven baked cod loin, Slimming World Chips and mushy peas

Saturday: Something with salad (which - unless it's a doner kebab, is a meh from me)

Sunday: Roast Pork dinner

I'm tracking everything this week, because my weight losses have slowed down and I know I'm slipping into complacency again. While half a pound loss is ok, it's not great for someone who still has such a long way to go. All these extra syns here and there, going over by one or two a day, they add up over the course of a week. So, this week I am going to be brutally honest, try and keep within my allowances, try and up my speed, drink my water, and not go over my syns, and we'll see next Monday if it does make a difference.

I'm off to stare at a blank word document for a couple of hours before bed :-) 

Comments