Not winning

Today has been one of those days. Mr G is in bed, so I am doing silent housework. I have managed to collapse a clothes airer onto my head. One of those big buggers, full of wet washing too. I opened a tin of tomatoes, and the ring pull came off - and those cans are a swine to open with a tin opener. Managed it. Eventually... Then! I dropped a massive potato on my phone, thankfully it didn't crack the screen. And then, when I was pouring tomorrow night's Beef Bhuna from the saucepan into the slow cooker... it splashed out and covered my glasses. It's a good job I wear them, the amount of chilli powder in it ;-)

Hotdogs. The raffle prize in Slimming World this week. And I absolutely love hotdogs. It used to be my guilty pleasure - can't be bothered cooking proper adult food - meal. Hotdogs (proper sausage, though) on white rolls, fried onions, ketchup, homemade chips and baked beans. I didn't win the raffle prize, but I couldn't stop thinking about bloody hotdogs.

And then. I hear that Aldi have got the Grim Reaper sausages back in...

7 syns each!

But. Needs must. You know my take on syns. #notjustforfreddos


So, I food optimised hotdogs and chips as best I could. Three Aldi Skinny Sausage (1.5 syns) on a huge bed of fried onions (cooked in Frylight). Homemade SW chips (cooked in Frylight). Baked Beans. And 1 syn each of ketchup and American mustard. I wouldn't usually bother my arse synning ketchup but I am sticking to plan 100% this week. See if it makes a difference to the much slower weight loss of late.

What the picture doesn't show is the white roll (which I am counting as my Healthy B - I rarely eat white bread and a lot of days, I don't have my Healthy B at all) with the Grim Reaper sausage on. Because that went down the hatch in two bites. Was it nice? Yes. Was it hot? Yes. Was it worth 7 syns? Not really, no. I will keep the others for my spice loving sons. I can say that I've tried them now.

Lunch yesterday and today was homemade soup. Potato, leek and pearl barley. I'm not a huge fan of potato and leek soup, I will eat it but I'd rather others. But the addition of pearl barley just gives it something else. I used a bag of ready prepped leek and potato soup mix, one vegetable stock pot, and then I added a chicken one too because it was a bit bland, and a good shake of pearl barley.

Luvverly

That's about it. I'm sat in silence while Mr G sleeps, staring at the ironing board but I don't think I'll risk it. I'll probably burn his uniform or something.


Comments