Three down...

I officially have three adult children and only one child left. Saturday was an awesome day, and considering it was so rushed, Mr G and I pulled it all off in the end. I was in bed very early though, not through drunkenness (although I was tipsy, between the rugby and the party) - more through sheer exhaustion. I was done done. I also got my hat trick of falls on all three my children's 18th birthdays, not the worst by far, at least there was no blood this time. I tripped up in my bedroom in the dark and face planted onto a pile of bin bags full of books ready for the charity shop. I was lying there for about five minutes, feeling very sorry for myself, a copy of The Dopamine Diet embedded in my skull, calling out 'Babe?' in a very small voice. Nobody came to my aid. Probably just as well, because I was starkers. 





He had a really good day, he smiled an awful lot for a boy who doesn't smile. There was a good turn out for the party, with staggered leaving times between 9 pm and 1 am. Mr G didn't drink, so he was on hand to be the designated driver taking our guests home, bless him. 

We won our final game of the season too, we beat London Skolars 44-0, but we needed Keighley to beat Doncaster on Sunday to regain our third place in the league table. 


And beat them they did, last minute too. My favourite, TJ, hit his 1500 points for the club - total legend. 


So on Saturday we host Keighley at home in our first play off game, a night game too (exciting!). Then follows a very convoluted and complicated play off system. I've had it explained to me several times. Some fans, like me, are just blank faced and will take it game by game.  Really looking forward to it, it's been one heck of a season. Gone far too quickly, though, of course we missed the first few home games because they were played behind closed doors. The season seems short enough as it is. At least we have a minimum of two more games left, with a minimum of one at home, depending on results. The good news is that Our League is streaming all the play off games for free, so we won't miss anything.  

Comments