A little better...

Today is the most human I have felt in... don't know, I've lost track now. I don't want to jinx it. As I told my cousin when she messaged this morning to see how I was, today, I'm running at about 25% of (so-called) normal Shell, and that was a 24% improvement. According to Mr G I had a very restless night's sleep last night, I was like a whirlwind. 

Still no word from the surgery, so I will wait until they reopen after lunch and give them a ring. Even if all they can tell me is that the blood tests are back, and they're normal. Even that is good, I guess. Doesn't explain what's wrong with me, but at least it's not anything serious. And by serious I mean, something that's going to kill me. Then I can explain that the doctor wanted to see me for a follow up if the bloods were clear, and see what they have to say. He said it would be a clinical diagnosis, I assume that means face to face? I really don't envy doctors right now, it must be so hard for them to do their jobs. 

Mr G is on a middle shift today, so he finishes at four. I'm glad, because I felt terrible yesterday afternoon, heart palpitations and so dizzy. All these sensations are alien to me. Headaches, I rarely ever have a headache. Really, with the exception of the pain I'm in with my back and my knee, I'm usually quite healthy, I'm rarely ill. Being in pain is different to being ill. You can push through pain, depending on your threshold, and I can't help but feel that mine must be high. You can get used to pain, too, it becomes your new normal. But this has knocked me for six. So many different symptoms that I don't usually suffer from. One or two, maybe I could have pushed through, kept a stiff upper lip and carried on. But this has totaled me and I need to get to the bottom of it.  

Update - the bloods were all clear! That's really good news, I suppose. So at the best, I know I don't have PA, I'm not diabetic, my liver and my kidneys are ok and my thyroid is fine. The bad news is that my callback from the doctor is the 24th September. I could, as the receptionist told me, phone up at 8 any weekday and take my chances, but I said no. If the bloods were clear, I now have a good idea of what's wrong with me, it isn't going anywhere, plus, someone else might really need that appointment. We're all in the same bloody boat right now at the end of the day, I was lucky enough to get to speak to him, I was lucky enough to get blood tests (the same day that they announced that they were stopping only urgent blood tests due to a national shortage of vials). My cycle is all to cock, the last gap was 57 days between. So, my task between now and the 24th September is to really look into perimenopause, the symptoms, what helps, are there any natural remedies or certain foods that help, any supplements or vitamins maybe? Just until I get to speak to or see the doctor at the end of the month. 

Today, I switched things up, and instead of having a To-do list, I have a Done list. Instead of setting myself up to fail with a long list of things that I hadn't the energy to do, I now have a reasonable list of things that I have done today. Everything on that list is done, I haven't failed at anything. It's amazing how one little shift like that makes a difference. 

Tea tonight is Fusion Chicken from Slimming Eats. I'm not going to link the recipe, because the issues I've been having with my blog only seemed to start when I linked external websites. Even though they're all legitimate food websites. If you put Slimming Eats Fusion Chicken into Google it should show up. It's been getting rave reviews on her Facebook page these past few weeks, it's been on the meal plan for ages and I finally mustered up the energy to make it. 


This is it pre-baking. The marinated chicken is sitting atop assorted sliced veggies, yellow and green peppers, onions, carrots and mushrooms. That can go in the oven half an hour before the boy finishes football training, and I'll cook up some plain rice to go with it. From the ingredients, I'd imagine the chicken is very flavoursome, so it won't need any whistles and bells to go with it.  

Comments