Ugh...

What a horrible couple of days. The week started well, with a four pound loss at Slimming World, taking my total weight loss so far to 4 stone 4 lb. Then, yesterday, I started feeling sinus-y (is that even a word? It is now). In the middle of shopping, I started to feel achy, like every bone in my body had been put in a vice. Got home, fell asleep in my chair for a couple of hours - when my youngest had football training and I was meant to be making an early tea. And then my daughter came in to tell me she and her boyfriend had been involved in a road traffic collision at the end of our road. One person was injured, but not critically, thankfully my daughter and her boyfriend were just shaken up. It could have been so, so much worse.

I still feel like death warmed up, being out in the cold for a couple of hours at the scene of the accident didn't help matters, I did nothing but sneeze all last night. And to be honest, I'm really shaken by it all. It was easy enough to slip into parent mode and reassure my daughter that everything would be ok, it was only metal which is replaceable, and the main thing was that everyone was ok, there were no fatalities, only broken bones at worst. But telling my own mind that is a different matter. How much worse it could have been, and it's frightening. You really never know what's around the corner, do you? This life really is a one shot opportunity, and despite repeated reminders, we never live each day as it comes.

So I have just been pottering around today, cooking and cleaning, trying to keep my mind occupied. And to compound everything, my daughter and I had 9 am dental appointments this morning too. Tomorrow is another day...

Comments