Meal plan

Still reeling from what happened yesterday and I have a renewed determination to push on until Christmas - and through Christmas, without too much damage. I haven't posted my weekly meal plan for some time now, so I'm going to get my finger out and be accountable.

Money is tight, because Mr G missed the cut off to be paid in October, so it's going to be the end of November when we get paid. Thankfully, I am a savvy shopper, and because I have a spice habit (the stuff in jars, not the drug) and a well stocked larder (not a euphemism...) we won't starve.

Monday - Slimming World 'Fry up' (Mr G) and Salmon Fishcake, Slimming World chips and baked beans (me)

This truly was freezer gravel before I went shopping today and quite a high syn meal for us both. Mr G had a slice of black pudding with his, and my fishcakes were 8 syns, but we were both hungry, had both missed lunch and had only eaten a few bites (and syns) at taster that morning.

Tuesday - Hawaiian Pizza Pasta Bake with Salad (recipe here)


A proper family favourite this has become. Not only the version above, but the kids have all gone mad for it made with pepperoni and mixed peppers. I've started adding sliced mushrooms to ours, too, for added veggies, and sometimes I only use bacon, and not ham, to keep the cost down, but ultimately, this is quick, simple and very filling. Mr G is on his last shift for the week, and the boy has football training tonight, so it's an ideal quick but effective meal for us all on a busy weekday night.

Wednesday - Chicken Satay with egg fried rice

I've made the Pinch of Nom version and I was really underwhelmed with it, as I seem to have been with all the PON recipes that everyone else on the planet goes mad about (Creamy Garlic Chicken, anyone?). Someone posted their version of it on Facebook and it included Mayflower curry powder, so I figured I would give that a try, because I really don't know what to do with this pot of peanut butter powder otherwise. I have tried it on toast and to be fair, it just tasted of disappointment. Some things deserve to be synned occasionally. Avocado. Peanut Butter. Olive oil.

ThursdayNando's chicken with rice and salad

'Nuff said.

Friday - Battered Cod, Slimming World Chips and Mushy Peas (recipe here

I want to make fish curry, Mr G won't entertain the idea... yet.

Saturday - Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Chilli and Rice (recipe here

Really excited about this one, the reviews rave about it, and it will be something easy for Saturday - my day of rest. Set it (in the slow cooker) and forget it. I haven't had a duff recipe from Nagi's site yet.

Sunday - Fanta Chicken and egg fried rice

Purely to use up the left over pineapple, pepper and other veggies from the pasta bake and satay earlier in the week. I will make this alongside the satay tomorrow and freeze it. A variation on Diet Coke chicken, apparently this is more like a Sweet and Sour. We'll see.

So, that's me being accountable for the week ahead :-) Any weight loss on Monday morning will see me in a new stone bracket - one that I haven't been in since the year I got married, 2002.

No plans to stray from the Slimming World path until December. On the 5th, provided Mr G can take one of his holidays, we are taking Mother to the Victorian Market in Wrexham, do a little Christmas shopping, and yes, treat her to fish and chips in Everland. Can't go to Wrexham without going to Everland. And on the 13th, we have our annual Ladies Christmas meal, we've booked Table Table again as the food is consistently good and the staff really look after us. Mr G and I also usually go, just the two of us, do some shopping and have a Christmas dinner somewhere, so that will have to be slotted in too.   

Tomorrow, I'm going to be attempting some Mince Pie Baked Oats. Apparently, these are lovely in themselves - but! Muller have brought out a Mince Pie Mullerlight. I'm going to use the Mince Pie yogurt in place of the plain/vanilla yogurt and see what they taste like :-) If they're 'Christmassy' enough, I may have one for dessert on Christmas Day, instead of my homemade (but very calorific) Christmas pudding.

Comments