Ping

The tree is up. This year Adam took care of it solo, and he did a cracking job of it. So sad how the event has dwindled over the years, from four excitable children throwing things on (and us moving them once they'd left the room!) down to one. I doubt that he will be bothered this time next year, all my babies are grown or growing up. 


Mr G is on holiday from work! Seven whole days, plus, his absolute star of a manager has put his two RDO right at the end of the holiday. How decent a thing is that to do? It seems so rare these days to find a boss like that, who isn't on an ego trip, trying to make life harder for no reason other than they can. Anyway, what could possibly go wrong? Let me tell you... 

About an hour after we woke, Ry came downstairs to tell us that he'd been pinged by the Covid app. Had to go for a PCR test and then isolate for six days, and book another test for a few days time. He was supposed to be having his second jab on Tuesday, I'll have to cancel that in the morning. Then the boy comes downstairs, he'd had a sleepover at his friend's house on Friday, and the boy's mother has tested positive. So he now has to go for a PCR tomorrow, and quite possibly we will too, if Ry is positive. Mr G has his booster this week, too, and we were hoping to decorate the kitchen and bathroom - just a freshen up before Christmas - and paint the hall, stairs and landing. We bought the paint for that this time last year, but the hard work moving bedrooms, and Mr G's night shifts meant that we didn't get round to it. 

Today was Stir up Sunday, and my Christmas puddings are all made. I also made my Christmas cake and a Sunday dinner, in a kitchen the size of a postage stamp. I was on my feet all day, my back is murdering me and it really took it out of me. Why I do these things, is beyond me. The roast dinner could have waited until tomorrow, the cake until Tuesday. 

I also made a gorgeous cake earlier this week, I saw it on a video on Facebook. I have lists of saved recipe posts and never make them, but this one looked so lovely that I couldn't resist. 


We munched on a thick slice of this while watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation ;-)


Comments